I am so excited to share this recipe with you today! Lemon poppy seed muffins are one of my all-time favorites, but when I decided to go “low-carb” and live a keto-lifestyle, I did not want to give them up! This recipe is a low-carb options that uses lemon essential oils (yes, you can cook with them!) This recipe is super simple and a perfect week night dessert, or for when you are entertaining some guests!
What you will need:
- 2 cups Whole-Milk Ricotta
- 4 large Eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup Erythritol
- 6 drops lemon essential oil*
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp. Poppy Seeds
- DISHWARE – Ramekins (8 pc.)
- Preheat oven to 375° F and separate the egg whites and yolks into two separate bowls. Beat the egg whites until foamy, add 1/4 cup of erythritol and beat until stiff peaks form.
- In the other bowl, beat the egg yolks until blended, then add the ricotta cheese and the remaining 1/4 cup of erythritol.
- Add 6 drops of lemon essential oil to the bowl with the egg yolk and ricotta cheese. Mix well.
- Add the vanilla extra and poppy seeds. Mix well.
- Fold the egg whites into the egg yolks little by little (like 1/4-1/2 at a time), stirring gently.
- Grease the ramekins and evenly distribute the batter into each one. Gently shake each ramekin to even the batter out.
- Bake 20-25 minutes. When done, the soufflé tops should be set but slightly jiggly.
*when cooking with essential oils, its EXTREMELY important that you use a high quality oil. If you are interested high quality essential oils that can be used internally, topically, and aromatically please contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org, or the “Contact Us” link at the bottom of the page.